By Willy ‘D Great
“Yes, you may need to adjust your sexual routine to include more stimulation to become aroused but it won’t hinder you to reach your home run.”
The myth that you can’t or shouldn’t have sex past a certain age needs to stop. Sabi nga nila, “it ain’t over till it’s over”. So para sa mga bro, ‘tay, lolo, we can still bat and aim for the homerun. If fine wine improves with age, there’s probability that sexuality for both men and women develops as it matures. It may become more complex but it can be more enjoyable and more valuable.
Syempre habang tumatanda ka, sex isn’t the same as it was in your 20s — pero it can still be satisfying. Many seniors continue to enjoy their sexuality into their 80s and beyond. A healthy sex life not only is fulfilling, nakakabuti rin ito sa kalusugan and of course in maintaining your self-esteem. Active sex life may help keep you young.
Hindi maiiwasan ang ibang age-related physical changes pero hindi dapat ito maging hadlang sa iyong sexual intimacy. Habang nagkaka-edad ang isang lalaki ang kanyang testosterone levels ay bumababa kaya ang changes in sexual function are common. These physiological changes can include:
Ang pangangailann ng stimulation to achieve and maintain erection and orgasm
Expected dapat ang shorter orgasms
Less forceful ejaculation and less semen ejaculated
At, mas mahaba-habang oras to achieve another erection after ejaculation
Well, minsan you may feel some anxiety about these changes, pero tandaan hindi dapat ito maging reason to end your enjoyment of sex. Adapting to your changing body can help you maintain a healthy and satisfying sex life.
- Don’t rush things – hindi ito marathon na dapat mauna ka sa finish line. Spend more time on what’s traditionally been considered foreplay. Explore each other’s body: kiss, caress, exchange erotic massages. Tandaan, if your partner is about the same age as you, she may also need more time and stimulation to become sexually aroused.
- Ask your partner (again, if she’s about the same age as you) to use lubricant to make it easier for both of you.
- Nothing beats a good morning! Para sa ibang guy having sex in the morning (when erections are more likely) helps improve their ability to maintain an erection longer. Don’t forget: penetrative sex isn’t the only way to have great sex.
- If you’ve climaxed, pero ang partner mo ay hindi pa ready for the sexual experience to end (especially if she’s young than you), focus on meeting her need on activities that don’t require an erection, katulad ng oral sex or manual stimulation.
One of the main concerns for older men is that they won’t be able to perform fully. Nakakaranas na sila ng difficulty in getting an erection or that their erections won’t be firm enough for sex. Ang tawag dito ay erectile dysfunction (ED). May mga paraan to overcome ED. Pwede kang gumamit ng mga natural food supplements katulad ng The Black Rhino to give an added boost to last longer. Pero mas nakakabuti if you consult your healthcare provider para mapayuhan ka kung ano ang mga dapat mong gawin.
Just don’t get stressed worrying about your virility. This is a normal change that comes with aging, and not exactly a sign that you’re losing your touch. In fact, you can use age disadvantage to your advantage. Habang tumatanda ka, your hormones are no longer whipping wildly, so there’s no sense of urgency – hindi ka nagmamadali. Therefore, you can touch a woman unselfishly and patiently, without the urgency that can impede sensitivity in the young.
Maraming paraan to erase the long-held myth that aging inevitably dampens the desire, and seniors are not interested in—or able to have—sex. Yes, you may need to adjust your sexual routine to include more stimulation to become aroused but it won’t hinder you to reach your homerun.
Call me Willy ‘D Great, contributor for The Black Rhino Man. Programmer by day but certified lady’s man by night. Trying hard to master the Taglish language in my writing gigs. I live in an imaginary bachelor pad overlooking the multiple lights of the 6 o’clock horrible traffic in Manila with my future wife, whom I haven’t met yet, and my precious and beloved computer.
REFERENCES: 1. Age page: Sexuality in later life. National Institute on Aging. http://www.nia.nih.gov/HealthInformation/Publications/sexuality.htm
2. Male sexuality in the elderly http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23053036